Friday, October 16, 2009

princeton

Last weekend I visited my sister in Princeton, where she is at seminary. My dad drove down from New England and we enjoyed a relaxing tour of Princeton-in-the-fall. She took us to the local orchard, the coffee shop, the bakery. The best place of all was her top-floor apartment -- with nine dormer windows, found furniture, quirky wall hangings, and mismatched mugs.

Being in Princeton reminded me how much I love seeing new places, especially when they are meaningful to a good friend or family member. Princeton was stunning--the leaves turning gold and crinkling and wise, solid trees lining every path and standing sentry to every building. I'll go back again, and I'll imagine it is always fall there.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful. Made me want to go, and in the autumn. I'll probably have to live there for that to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you might very much like living in Princeton. It also features a stellar public library. :)

    ReplyDelete