Monday, November 29, 2010

giving thanks

We hosted our first family holiday feast last week. This included our first turkey, which was successful thanks to an overnight brine. Smoky picture below.


My sister arrived early, bearing coffee, cheese, and chocolates. I documented them right away! Her husband is a barista at Princeton's famous Small World coffeeshop and supplied the fresh-roasted beans.



Some shots of our fine feast and the Thanksgiving spread (two folding tables pushed together, with Mom's tablecloth and some borrowed chairs).


6 comments:

  1. Yum! Your post made my nose twitch and my mouth water. Beautiful feast, as you are so good at creating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle! You inspire me, that's for sure.

    Too bad the camera couldn't handle this meal's intensity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful spread, Anna! I'm impressed at your holiday-feast making since we still travel to our parents' homes to enjoy holiday meals. I think creating your first Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner is some sort of rite of passage into adulthood. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on what looks like a successful and delicious Thanksgiving! Hope to eat in your kitchen again sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks!

    You are all welcome here anytime. Please visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the post! What a great meal :)

    ReplyDelete