Thursday, March 22, 2012

birthday

Today the words of Psalm 65 bless this birthday. The Lord waters the earth, blesses its growth, and crowns the year with bounty. "... those who dwell at the ends of the earth are in awe at your signs." Here is some backyard bounty:

The tulips out front arrived just in time!

The pond and hedge are already lush and filling in for the season.

The chives and mint are begging to be cut. (How can I make a virgin mojito?)

And, finally, the arugula takes the prize for first to sprout outside! (The chives in the middle are returning from last year.) The weather has been so warm, barely three days passed between planting and sprouting. Hopefully it will cool off so the arugula, lettuce, spinach, and peas can develop some good spring flavor.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I am going to plant some greens this Saturday morning I think. It cooled down today here and rained most of the day.
    Bountiful birthday blessings to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a transformation from January when I was there. I love how green and happy everything looks! I have a mild case of yard envy :)

    ReplyDelete