Thursday, May 31, 2012

little green room

Goodnight Moon begins by describing the "great green room." Here's our little green room for our little guy, who is due any day, in June.
The corner cubbies are filled with books and treasures, including my stuffed teddy bear, "Bobby," and "Lambie," at top. My grandmother's miniature rocking horse completes the trio. 

The feeding, reading, rocking, and reclining corner. The photographs feature Iowa City and the Iowa countryside -- just one of the artistic contributions from the baby's aunts and uncles. (Others include a whimsical painted owl, an original poem, and a collage with Psalm 139.)

The curtains, crib, and changing table. I had to hunt a bit to find furniture low enough to accommodate my short height! I've gathered items from all different places, like twigs for a nest.

3 comments:

  1. Darling, Anna! Anticipating the birth of this precious baby with you!

    xo Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I long for the news of the smallest-footed Carrington's arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Anna! Your baby room is lovely, and I can picture a quiet young mama whispering hush in the corner chair. Thinking of you as your little one's arrival draws near.

    ReplyDelete