Friday, May 29, 2009

what can we store?

This post is named in honor of Michelle, who knew exactly what I was thinking and accurately imagined the current state of our new home, a one bedroom high-rise apartment. Yes, we’ve arrived. We arrived over a week ago, in fact. But it still doesn’t feel like home.

I’m an impatient settler. I like to clean and get everything put away…right away! We’ve had a bumpy first week, but we are mostly unpacked. We have to wait to arrange our library and put pictures on the walls because of painting. Some painters came yesterday unannounced at 8 AM. I was sad to send them away, but they would only have been able to paint the boxes white, not the walls. That seemed like a waste of paint.

Today’s task: Empty three large boxes labeled “Garage.” Hmmm … we don’t have one of those here. What can we store? All the closets and cabinets are full.

5 comments:

  1. Let me know when I can come help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss you, alc! how about stashing the garage items under your bed? nothing like a whiff of old tools to create a romantic or restful atmosphere...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm keeping a lot of boxes stored in my car. I call it the bibliotheque portable. an option you might consider... wish I could help

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tips!

    Katie - I'll let you know when we get to the books. Let's get together soon!

    Haha, the skis, sleeping bags, and ugly curtains we took down are all under the bed. Check. The golf clubs were initially in the Civic's trunk, but they found a home in our storage cage downstairs. The bike is still on the balcony, hanging out with my new marigolds and herbs. :)

    ReplyDelete